Did you miss The Great Thanksgiving 2016? Well here is your chance to a taste of it and prepare for next year! Because I cannot say it enough, I am saying it again — your attitude of gratitude works like magic to bring on a suportive flow of positive events and circumstances in your life. People will think you are making magic, that your life is magic. So how do you get the attitude? Keeping a gratitude journal is one of the best ways I know how to accomplish it. Here are 20 ways to prompt a day’s journaling:
20 Gratitude Prompts
Get a journal or just 20 sheets of paper. You can do it at your desk at work right now. Use one of these prompts on each day, starting today and for the next 20 days. Journal for a page in gratitude: Write about at least 10 ways that you can share your gratitude with other people today.
- Write about a person in your life that you’re especially grateful for and why. It can be a family member or a friend.
- What/Who are you taking for granted about your day to day that you can be thankful for?
- What competencies are you thankful to possess? (being an excellent cook, being spontaneous and adventurous, being a whiz at Scrabble, playing soccer).
- What made you last laugh so hard you nearly burst — relive it through writing out the details.
- What is there about a hardship/challenge you’re experiencing right now that you can be thankful for?
- What in your work environment makes you grateful? It could be your colleagues, your working hours, a flexible schedule, the lunch service, or some perks. Give details.
- How is where you are in life today different than a year ago today – furthermore what positive changes are you thankful for?
- What activities and hobbies would you miss if you were unable to do them?
- List five body parts that you’re grateful for and why. (having short legs have its advantages as can having a big nose)
- Compose a letter to someone who has positively impacted your life.
- What makes you grateful for your current city/town of residence?
- Which five people in your life are difficult people for you? Write at least one quality for each for which you are thankful.
- What material items around you are you most grateful for because they make life easier or more interesting?
- Write about the music that inspires you to smile and uplifts you when you hear it. Write your gratitude for that and why it inspires you!
- Write about someone who has done something this week to help you or make your life easier and how you can thank them.
- Think about food and drink. What foods or meals make you most happy and thankful and why?
- If this were your last day, what three people adn what five things would you like to enjoy?
- What is your favorite place in nature and what about it makes you grateful?
- What part of your morning routine are you most thankful for? Write out the details. (If it is very personal like lovemaking, be sure to keep this paper somewhere private)
- Finally, what have you learned this week for which you are grateful?
The Skype line is open. Talk soon!